If you’re in the midst of planning a wedding, the decisions can seem close to endless.
Combined with advice from family, friends and the neighbour from three doors down, you have the perfect recipe for a very overwhelming wedding planning process.
Between the exciting site visits and supplier meetings, and most importantly, planning the special day with your partner; wedding planning should be something to enjoy. This will be a period in your life you remember forever, so it is important to enjoy it as much as you can.
As the latest addition to the Yarra Valley weddings scene, Harriett wants to make sure that the process of planning your perfect day is as enjoyable as possible. With over 30 years of combined experience, our wedding and event specialists have helped to craft countless special days for couples across Australia.
To help you piece together the most important moments of your big day, we chatted to the Harriett team to put together everything you need to know when planning a wedding.
- Remember what’s important: this day is all about celebrating you and your partner, so don’t let opinions get in the way. If you want to ditch the first dance or the bouquet toss, go for it! Focus on celebrating the traditions that resonate with you.
- Make it fun: one of the best things about a wedding is hearing everyone rave about it the next day! Don’t get caught up in the formalities and make sure to have fun with your guests on the day.
- Give yourself time: make sure you factor in a little extra time throughout the day. Whether it’s an extra long speech from Dad, or grabbing a few more photos before the sun sets, some buffer time will ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible. Remember… The only thing that is impacted when timing runs over is your dancefloor time. If you plan on dancing the night away, tell Dad to keep the speech short!
- Swap the favours for flavours: wedding favours will almost certainly be left behind at the end of the night, why not treat your guests to a round of cocktails instead? Nothing gets the dancefloor going quite like a negroni.
- Eat up: your wedding day will go so quickly, make sure you take some time to enjoy the food… This includes breakfast and lunch! You’ll need the energy for the dancefloor anyway.
- Surprise and delight: keep the party going with a surprise late night supper served on the dancefloor… the Harriett smokey beef sliders are a crowd favourite for good reason.
- Take it all in: often months in the making, your wedding day will be over in the blink of an eye. Make sure you and your partner enjoy a moment alone to take it all in. Everyone in the room is here for you!
Between the menu, the dress, the styling and the guest list, one of the most important details of your wedding day is the location.
Located in the heart of Victorian wine country, you will find Harriett. When it comes to Yarra Valley wedding venues, Harriett’s spacious and flexible floor plan is one of the most loved features for brides and grooms to be.
Take your pick from long or round tables with plenty of space left for a large, vibrant dance floor. Decadent menu and views of the sprawling vineyards are simply icing on the wedding cake.
If you would like to arrange a tour of Hubert Estate or enquire about Harriett for your wedding, you can get in touch with the team below.